Demo Site Do Not Update
Skip to Main Content

e-Pay License / Replacement License | State of Illinois Office of the Illinois Courts

The law license fee must be paid electronically after an attorney has been certified for admission by the Illinois Board of Admission to the Bar. The 9-digit National Conference of Bar Examiners (NCBE) number must be provided and a convenience fee applies.

e-Pay Law License Fee


Replacement License Fee

If an originally-issued law license has been damaged, lost, stolen, etc., a replacement law license may be requested by mailing to the Supreme Court of Illinois Clerk’s office a properly notarized affidavit explaining why a replacement license is needed. If the law license is damaged, you must mail the damaged law license with the notarized affidavit. If you no longer have your original law license, explain in the affidavit why you no longer have your law license. Once your notarized affidavit is received, the Clerk’s office will notify you to make payment of the replacement law license. Do not pay the fee before the Clerk’s office receives your notarized affidavit.

Please note: replacement law licenses are not available for replication if the original law license was issued in the following years or time periods:

  • Prior to 1971
  • Years 1975 and 1976
  • March 5, 1978 through December 31, 1981
  • April 1, 1982 through December 2, 1984
  • January 1, 1985 through September 15, 1987
  • January 1, 1988 through February 16, 1988
Chat With Us!